Photographers are widely considered to be interesting characters in modern society. Artistic, doing-what-they-love, passionate, and almost eccentric are some of the adjectives used to describe them. In this blog post, let’s take a look at some the most interesting quotes from renowned photographer’s and photography writers and their famous last words….
1. ‘The camera makes everyone a tourist in other people’s reality, and eventually in one’s own.’ -Susan Sontag
2. ‘Which of my photographs is my favourite? The one I am going to take tomorrow.’ -Imogen Cunningham
3. ‘Photography takes a instant out of time, alternating life by holding it still.’ -Dorothea Lange
4. ‘The earth is art, the photographer is only a witness’. -Yann Arthus-Bertrand
5. ‘I am not interested in shooting new things – I am interested in shooting things new.’ -Ernst Haas
6. ‘Taking pictures is savouring life intensely, every hundredth of a second.’ -Mark Riboud
7. ‘A good photographer must love life more than he loves photography’. -Joel Strasser
8. ‘The single most important component of the camera is the twelve inches behind it’. -Ansel Adams
9. ‘Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst.’ -Henri Cartier Bresson
10. ‘If your pictures aren’t good enough, you aren’t close enough’. -Robert Capa
This is just a small collection of some insightful, entertaining and inspiring words of some of the masters of the art of photography. We encourage our readers to share any interesting quotes by photographers or artists they might come across.
– Chanakya Wable