Continuing with our series of excellent quotes by photographers and photography writers, here are some of the juiciest food-for-thought quotes. Enjoy and share the love for photography.
- “The picture that you took with your camera is the imagination you want to create with reality.” -Scot Lorenzo
- “A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you the less you know.” -Diane Arbus
- “The camera is an excuse to be someplace you otherwise don’t belong. It gives me both a point of separation and a point of connection.” -Susan Meiselas
- “Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness.” -Yousuf Karsh
- “It is more important to click with people than to click the shutter.” -Alfred Eisenstaedt
- “My life is shaped with an urgent need to wander and observe, and my camera is a passport”. -Steve McCurry
- “You can look at a picture for a week and never think of it again. You can also look at a picture for a second and think of it all your life.” -Joan Miro
- “When people ask me what equipment I use- I tell them my eyes.” -Ansel Adams
- “A good photograph is one that communicates a fact, touches the heart and leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective.” -Irving Penn
- “One doesn’t stop seeing. One doesn’t stop framing. It doesn’t turn on or turn off. It’s on all the time.” -Annie Leibovitz
This is just a small collection of some insightful, entertaining and inspiring words of some of the masters of the art of photography. We encourage our readers to share any interesting quotes by photographers or artists they might come across.
– Chanakya Wable